**Grooming is currently unavailable as we search for a new groomer**
Grooming is an important part of pet care. Depending on the breed, age, and health of your pet, grooming may even need to be a part of you and your pet’s daily routine. Many breeds require less grooming than this, but regular grooming always helps to keep your pet healthy and comfortable. Some breeds don't shed their hair effectively (eg. Poodles, and breeds with thick undercoats) and require grooming by a professional every 6-8 weeks. Long haired cats can particularly benefit from regular grooming as it helps prevent the formation of knots on the skin and hairballs in the stomach.
Vets @ Acacia Gardens "Groom Room" is specially equipped for all your pets' beauty needs. Housing a hydro bath, blow-dryer, roomy pens whilst your pet awaits their turn to be pampered and an array of shampoos, conditioners and colognes. Our professional grooming service has many specialised grooming tools such as clippers, stripping combs, slicker brushes and rakes for those unruly coats tailoring to every breeds needs for an overall optimum result.
Our pet stylists are able to provide your pets with the ultimate grooming experience. This service includes a bath using high performance shampoo, blow-drying, brushing, ear cleaning, nail trimming, clipping, colouring and much more!
Why not treat your pet to a pampering he/she won’t forget, whether it’s just a bath to get them smelling beautiful again or a new do completely!
For our long haired feline companions we suggest clipping them back every 3-4 months, which we do under sedation as the sound of the clippers can be a bit stressful. If you have never had your cat groomed before the standard clip is called a 'Lion Clip' which can look a bit strange at first to those who have never seen it before but is very cute, they really do look like little lions!
Having your pet groomed in a hospital facility enables any health issues to be addressed in the same visit! Benefits include:
- Ability to perform their annual health check/vaccinations
- Check lumps, especially in older animals as these can be malignant or benign
- Treat ear infections, a common problem usually picked up at the grooming salon
- We can offer sedations performed by veterinary professionals for stressed or otherwise unruly animals where clipping is unable to be completed in a mobile or established grooming salon
Grooming at Home
We encourage you to also engage in regular grooming with your pet at home. There are numerous benefits of regular grooming, for example:
- Decreased chance of skin problems
- Optimal skin cleanliness and comfort for you and your pet
- Improved monitoring of health issues like lumps, cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament.
- Enhanced behavioural routines with obedient submission during grooming periods
- Closer bonding with your pet through regular contact
For a quote and to make an appointment, please call the clinic on 9837 5410
***Here are some we prepared earlier!***